Thursday, January 25, 2007

Nash-y stuff

The next best thing to coming up with stuff on my own? Quoting others.
Here’s Ogden Nash, from “The Strange Case of the Girl O’ Mr. Sponsoon’s Dreams”

One day he was driving along the street when he saw a beautiful girl.
-
My, what a beautiful girl, said Mr. Sponsoon. I wish I knew her name.
-
If I asked her name, said Mr. Sponsoon, she might think me a brazen cad.
-
But if I don’t know her name, she will go out of my life forever.
-
Mr. Sponsoon thought and thought.
-
Suppose I run over her gently, he thought at last.
-
With one wheel, say.
-
Certainly with no more than two.
-
Then I can read her name in the morning paper and all will be hotsy-totsy.


That’s exactly how Julie and I met. (I still have a slight limp from the incident.)

1 comment:

green clementine said...

How romaaantic... ;-)