Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Madge Monday

Madge managed to stay up all the way to 11:30 pm on New Year’s Eve. Not bad. (Julie had fallen asleep before then, but pssssst don’t tell.)
I tried to get her to make some resolutions for herself and for me. She got the idea, but rather than focusing on things to improve about herself, she said her resolution was to play on the computer more. I believe that she is resolved to do so. Grrr.
But, when pressed, she said she wanted to be less of a baby. Poor thing.
Here’s what I noticed, though. Some of my resolutions involve trying to improve the kids. A natural impulse as a parent, I think. But, really, shouldn’t I leave that up to them if they want to be less baby-ish. Ah, the many conundrums.
Madge was generous about the resolutions, though. She said they didn’t start until people went back to work and to school.
So guess who had extra helpings of apple pie?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought that one only made ONE resolution. Gosh if one made sooooo many it would be near impossible to keep even one until the end of January. Mama

Goedi said...

I figure the basic resolution is always the same: become a better person. Everything else is a subcategory of the general plan.
I figure hedging your bets doesn't hurt.
Also, I'm not sure any resolutions last far beyond the middle of January.
Then one can look forward to Chinese New Year.