Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Partial disclosure

Here’s one of the reasons I love doing this blog.
On Monday, Julie, who is out of town for the week, calls.
Julie: So, were you going to tell me that Madge is sick?
Me: What do you mean?
J: I read about it on the blog.
M: Oh. Didn’t you see I put quotation marks around the word “sick”? J: -
M: To answer your question, no, I guess not.

I also wouldn’t ordinarily tell her about Coco and the ketchup. It’s really too routine of an event for me to remember at the end of the day, and it doesn’t warrant a phone call.
The biggest mystery about Coco and the ketchup, by the way, is that yes, there was ketchup on the sock, and yes, there was ketchup on the floor (which I cleaned up), but the ketchup bottle was in the fridge where it belongs. So there’s a whole chain of events I never found out about.

No comments: