Monday, November 13, 2006

New blog schedule and Madge-day the first

I’m trying a new thing with this blog now. We’ll see how well it works. I’ve made myself a schedule so that every weekday has its own theme (more or less). And Mondays are for Madge – it’s the only day I could make alliterative, so I figured why not.

Madge doesn’t like her picture taken anymore. You may have wondered why all the pictures on the blog are of Coco. Now you know. It’s too bad because we all know she’ll be wondering, when she’s older, why there aren’t any pictures of her at age 7.
I’ve made her sign an affidavit, so I’m covered.
She got her report card on Friday. We can’t figure out how she feels about it. For ease of parenting, I’ll just tell myself that she doesn’t place much weight on being judged by her teachers. After all, she’s a much harsher judge of what she does than anyone else is. (How much of it is attention-grabbing, I don’t know.)
Hair-brushing and tooth-brushing is still an issue. Maybe we should just cut off her teeth and put caps on her hair.
She likes to play board games, which is great. But one of my many parenting challenges is how hard to play against her. It’s the classic dilemma. I don’t want her to get discouraged, but I also don’t want to get bored. Ideally, I want to play so she learns.
Oh, yes, and I’m a bad loser. That’s because I don’t have much practice at it.
I have the feeling, though, that she’ll make me get better at it soon.
Now that I think of it, you know what’s the worst? When I make sure I don’t win a game and then she gloats about the stupid mistakes I’ve made.
Half a school day today and parent-teacher conferences. Fun stuff. We’ll see how the kids behave outside the door while I’m inside, talking to the teacher.
That was the first Madge Monday. Comments?
Don’t forget, I take requests. And tip the wait staff – T-Bone, that means it wouldn’t hurt to bring Jen some flowers today. (You’re welcome, Jen.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some things just seem to run in the family, remember Natalie never liked to have her picture taken either. May I remind you, you were always a BAD loser, even as a small child, Pepe is too. How did the parent-teacher meeting go, how much trouble (if any) did the kids make outside the door, but knowing you, you probably had things along to keep them busy.