Tuesday, August 01, 2006

among my issues, you'll find

There are some things for which I am too stubbornly middle class or something. By “or something” I mean not affluent enough.
I can’t really get myself to do the following, mostly because of the cost, but sometimes because of the social hierarchy implied in the transaction:
Get a tattoo.
Get a pedicure.
Have my shoes shined.
Have a maid.
Have a nanny.
Have groceries delivered to the house.
Literally flush a $20 bill down the toilet. (I have the feeling this would be very liberating, though.)

But I have done the following, even though it either took some convincing or it took someone else footing the bill:
Have movers pack, move, and unpack our things.
Get a manicure (Julie couldn’t make it to the appointment, so I took it).
Get a massage (it was paid for, though).
Pay for a cart at the airport.
I’m sure there’s more, but I’ve probably blocked them from my memory somehow.

In other words, I appreciate the
www.freshdirect.com suggestion, but I don’t know if I’ll take advantage of it.

No comments: