Monday, August 11, 2008

cranky daddy

Yesterday, the day after the late night, went fine.
But today I was a cranky sourpuss all day and being a guest in someone´s house, even (or especially) one´s parents´, with children around is not at all conducive to getting some time and space to get over it. So I´ll try to get to bed earlier tonight. And tomorrow we´ll be off to Legoland. Not the real thing, but a miniature version of it in the Sony Center. We´ll be getting out of the house and doing a little bit of a touristy excursion, which might be a good thing.
Today we went swimming in a nearby lake. And the kids weren´t squeamish about it, which is a good thing.
And, as an added bonus, we got to see a seventy-one-year-old man (my dad) do an involuntary impression of Jerry Lewis or Michael Richards, putting on his shorts after swimming - in the water, which only makes sense to the select few (not me) - and getting his one leg stuck in the pant leg opening while hopping along on the other trying to keep his balance. To his credit, he didn´t fall over. Though I almost did, from laughing. I have no idea why he didn´t trust me to steady him while he put them on for real.

No comments: