Thursday, August 09, 2007

I'm a goober

I can't help myself. Sometimes goofy things make me laugh or snicker aloud even when I'm alone.
For example, I occasionally put crappy songs on Julie's iPod just to remind her of me when she's shuffling through the on the subway. This time I picked a real stinker, The Carpenters' "Superstar." I just listened to it. Creepily terrible, but I might have to listen again because there's also something catchy about it. I may have it wrong, but there is a line in it that goes something like, "Baby, baby, baby, baby, oh, baby."
Magic!
And the orchestration, aside from the dull drumming and annoying bass, includes the inevitable english horn plaintive line and harp glissando.
Whoooo!
I can't wait for Julie to call me to complain.
And I'm giggling again right now.

No comments: