Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Coco Tuesday

We had a double playdate today. And although Coco was as cute as always and played well with his friends and later got wet with water balloons after shouting at me for taking the kids to buy swimsuits and get home too late for the "sprinkeler" to be on, this post isn't really about him.
It's about the au pair.
Apparently she has to go back to Ukraine for two weeks. An emergency, as far as I could tell from her demeanor. She lacks the English words for a situation like this but, as I understand it, her Ukrainian professor got arrested. Apparently she's still enrolled in classes there in order not to lose her spot while overseas. And now, because he's been arrested, she doesn't think that the school will honor the bribe her mother paid to insure that she would still get grades and now she has to go back to take her finals. Now, I'm still trying to find out whether the professor got arrested because he took bribes or for something worse, but she doesn't find the situation as humorous as I do and I'm still busy trying to be sympathetic.

No comments: