Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Coco Tuesday

We’re still listening to the soundtrack of “Les Miserables” at home. It’s in the CD player fairly permanently now and Madge keeps reaching for the booklet to sing along.
I had an insight which Julie isn’t going to like, but here it is: The musical must have been written with Meat Loaf in mind for the role of Jean Valjean (or Javert). The songs seem tailored to be outtakes of “Bat Out Of Hell.”
But this is Coco Tuesday, so here goes. The other day when Madge was singing along with her favorite number (other than “Castle On a Cloud”), “Who Am I?” She gets to the part where she sings, “I’m Jean Valjean” and Coco bursts in, “No. I’m Sha Fa-Sha.”
And a fight ensued.
Me? I’m Eponine (even though Madge keeps calling me Javert).

3 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

A friend gave me tix to see that a long, long time ago.

I absolutely hated it, I told the BF (now Spouse) I was miserable, and had to leave. Ah, the irony. We left at halftime (intermission, right?)

Anonymous said...

I thought I was Eponine! Why do you get all the good parts?

Goedi said...

because, as you know, I perform so well on the casting couch.