Monday, April 02, 2007

Madge Monday

Many things happen in Spring, most of which I forget about every year. One such thing is that it gets incredibly difficult to spot my own kids on the playground. First of all, tons of kids who don't show up in colder weather suddenly appear. (I don't know if it's the parents, the kids, or a mixture of the two that keeps them homebound.) Second, I've spent about four months getting used to seeing them in their winter coats. My eyes scan the playground for a pink jacket and a red one. Easy enough. But now all coats and bets are off, and I'm standing on benches, craning my puffy neck for my little chicks.
Another few weeks of this, and they'll be the only kids on the playground with blue hair. Or orange, but I've always thought blue hair is kind of cool.

1 comment:

Megan Frampton said...

I had blue hair once (just part of it, not the entire head.) It WAS cool. My favorite was purple, though.