Sunday, April 22, 2007

Coco Tuesday

The manipulator let his colors show in a spectacular way tonight.
He was about to brush his teeth when he asked for a glass of milk. I said okay. He realized that the girls were folding laundry and talking and having a good time, so he went to them and said "I help Mommy" to me. I said okay. Next thing I hear is Julie's voice. "Coco. Stop jumping on the bed. You're messing up the piles." "Okay. Sorry, Mommy." Pause. "Coco! I told you to stop jumping on the bed." Then it struck me; he'd been yanking my chain again. I stomped back to the bedroom. "Coco! You said you wanted to help Mommy. You're not helping Mommy at all." He made his crumpled-injured face and hugged Julie tightly around the neck. Then, mid-hug, he turned his face to me, smiled and stuck out his tongue.

I had to go into the bathroom to keep him from noticing how hard it made me laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your grandmother use to wash my tongue with soap for sticking it out or saying bad words. I think I may have done it to ýou several times as well.

Goedi said...

I think you may have, too.
Didn't f%#king help, though.