Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Madge Monday

Here's a song I've transcribed recently. No big deal because songs like this just linger on I and IV with the occasional V, and this one has the gimmicky I - III7 - IV - I in the B section.
The lyrics:

I was dancin' with my darlin' to the Tennessee Waltz
When an old friend I happened to see.
I introduced her* to my loved one and while they were dancin'
My friend stole my sweetheart from me.

I remember the night and the Tennessee Waltz
Now I know just how much I have lost.
Yes I lost my little darlin' the night they were playing
The beautiful Tennessee Waltz.

* I'm so flexible, I changed it to "him" when I sing it. Or does that make me inflexible in a different way?




Madge started singing along, but commented on how I only like sad songs.
Well, duh. Those are the only good ones, right?
So I said, "Tell me a good happy song. There aren't any."
But she zinged me with, "I'm a Barbie Girl in a Barbie world."
Madge: 870,046 - Daddy:2

No comments: