Friday, October 02, 2009

another birthday poem

This one, hoo boy. It doesn't seem there are any Oct. 3 poet birthdays, which seems odd. Ginsburg's Howl was deemed non-offensively legitimate on this day, but I'll save him for another day.
You know whose birthday it is, though? Ernest Evans. Oh, yeah, you say, him.

Leonardo Works On His Model's Features

Now, you are mighty fine,
We all agree.
Yes, your jaw is sublime,
but there's a flaw.
I need a look that says you're looking just at me.
Then let's just see what Papa Leo can do for you.

Now you turn to the left
when I say gee.
You turn to the right
when I saw haw.
Now come on, one little smile, just for me.
Boogety, boogety, boogety, boogety, shoo.


So there. Happy birthday, Ernie. (Or, as you guys might know him, Happy Birthday, Chubby Checker)

ps. know the song? leave a comment

No comments: