Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Coco Tuesday

Usually, reading a book that makes you laugh out loud is a good thing.
But
when you're around your kids all day...
"Daddy, what are you laughing at?"
"Hmm. Well, okay, this is sort of on your level. Listen to this: 'Nobody said anything, but T. J. Lambert, our big old defensive end from Tennessee, hiked his leg and made a noise like a watermelon being dropped on concrete out of a four-story building.'"
(It reads smoothly here, but once I got to "concrete," I was snickering and giggling and by "four-s-s-s-tory building" I had tears in my eyes.)
"Why is that so funny, Daddy?"
"It's a f-f-f-f-fart!"

And I was right. It is just on Coco's level and now I have to say "hiked up his leg and made a noise like a watermelon being dropped on concrete out of a four-story building" about three to seven times a day.
It still makes me laugh.

The book, by the way, is Semi-Tough, and it's by Dan Jenkins. Highly recommendable if you're not above potty humor. And yes, I am now laughing silently at the racial and sexual stuff in the book.

No comments: