Friday, February 01, 2008

TCM

Turner Classic Movies. Always a fun channel to watch. Last night I sort of watched Portrait of Jennie (don't know if it was A or The). Weird, especially since the weirdness of the older girl playing a younger girl made me dismiss it as being miscast. I figured she must have been someone's girlfriend. I mean, she may have been, anyway, but I thought that's what got her the role. Then, later, when the twist became more obvious and then finally was revealed, I realized I should have been paying more attention.
I was also annoyed by the constant quotation of Debussy's Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun in the soundtrack. Oh, well.
Then I started Now, Voyager, which I've always wanted to see and still do, but the whole thing was too late and I got irritated by the overly fake ocean-cruise scene. They could have just had a white backdrop with the words "We're on an ocean now" and it would have been just as believable.

No comments: